Thursday, September 22, 2011

How is HE doing?



It's been three full days since Hudson got his first cast. I'll be honest, the first two days sucked. He was very uncomfortable and cried a lot. The first night was spent with lots of cuddling and nursing to keep him somewhat happy. The second night was a bit better (although I found myself crying too...) and last night was pretty much back to normal (except my two year old decided that he wanted to party and stay up ALL night).

This has been tough for me and I'm glad Hudson won't remember this. It probably doesn't help with the post-partum hormones all over the place either. But I do know that any mother watching their baby have to go through pain is heart-wrenching. I'm thankful to know that this treatment plan is expected to be much shorter than the average.

3 comments:

  1. I just want to scoop him up and squeeze him! He is so so so adorable. You're a wonderful Mom, Brookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...you are a wonderful mom. Hudson is just adorable. This has got to be hard on you. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm so glad it's not too severe! I remember how difficult it was to see London go through surgery at 10 months old. It's so hard to see your babies in pain! I also remember the surgeon telling us that it would be 3 days of torture for all of us, but after that, things would be better. We were lucky enough to only have a day or two of torture. I'm glad Hudson is feeling better at this point. I hope you are too!

    Oh, and I also want to mention that every time we have gone in for a cleft palate team appointment, I look around and feel so blessed at how mild of a case London had. I see so many kids who have surgery after surgery. We had one. Sure, she'll have to have major orthodontic work (starting soon) but I feel so blessed that she's practically totally normal.

    ReplyDelete